I bet you spend your New Year’s day relaxed. Visiting family and friends maybe, or sleep longer after a party yesterday.
Mine was a bit different. If you are tired following the 60 seconds action feature story, come back later.
A list of what we have done on the first day of the year:
- If you want to film in London (outside on the street) you need permission. Getting permissions is a long process that involves filling out forms and a lot of patience. So we dropped it. We took our camera and filmed one of the most secured building in London without any permission but with fear that soon a police officer would tap us on our shoulder. It didn’t happen and we were genuinely relieved.
- I crossed the Thames over the Tower Bridge in a blue trabant (check how the blue colour of the Trabi matches the blue of the bridge!). That – was so cool. Oh, the Trabi’s name is Alice, and I am not making that up.
- We did some camera tests in Brick Lane.
- We needed to check if the shots we invented in the script actually work and were possible to film, and as we don’t have any actors available just yet, we shot most of the scenes with ourselves pretending to act. It looks so stupid and daft that we might make a Dumb and dumber version of our film too. It has been incredible fun though.
- We got 26 responses on our quest of finding a composer. I guess our soundtrack is pretty likely to be made.
- We got no responses on our quest of finding an animator though, which is a bit worrying. But let’s see.
- Making a film with someone you absolutely click with is still hard work, but it is tremendous fun too. I need to refill after having lost lots of tears caused by hysterical laughter.
- I really need a holiday soon.
- And I could do this full time. No doubt about that.