- Discovered that New York, or rather Manhattan has a Little Red Lighthouse. Awesome. It’s on the list, and if the weather is reasonable I will go and visit it.
- Discovered that New York has a lot of nice cafes. I am planning to visit at least two of them: City Girl Cafe and Peace and Love cafe, just because I love the names. But hope to visit more cafes. I also hope to visit the cafe from Serendipity. It was closed last time I was in New York, but will try again. I must also eat New York cheese cake somewhere. And cup cakes.
- booked a lock smith for Saturday. He let me wait all day and in the end did not turn up but promised me to come Sunday evening. He didn’t! The bastard. Called another one and he did turn up. It gives me more peace of mind to go away for the week now that I know that our door lock is properly fixed. Wouldn’t want to come home and realizing that Billy Mac is missing.
- saw Ghost Town for the second time. I love that film. Ricky Gervais (a dentist) is so funny in it, and the ending has such an original last lines:
Gwen: It hurts when I smile…
Bertram Pincus: I can fix that for you.
A lump in your throat I can promise you. Catch this film it is warm, it is funny and it is set in New York! There are some beautiful shots of Central Park in it.
- found out that Bill Nighy still rocks my boat and rules my world. Swoon and awesome.
- Burned a hole in a shirt with the ironer. It was an eco shirt and I suspect that it wasn’t all 100% cotton after all! It was amazing – the ironer just melted holes in it! Shame as I loved that shirt.
- Decided which books to take to New York. My New York guide book, I love this book it has a lot of pictures and loads of information and is very easy to read. Unmissable for any trip to New York, I bought it when I went there the first time and it has been a good investment. Apart from that a Kurt Wallander detective (can’t wait to see Kenneth Brannagh as Wallander, very soon to come on BBC) and a romantic novel, should I be in the mood.
How was your weekend?