It’s one of those memes that force you to think about your year a bit. So here is my year in words. How was yours?
1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
I saw whales in their natural environment. I biked the Golden Gate bridge.
Both very memorable experiences. And both very recommended too.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any and won’t make any new ones either.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, Ireland, France, the Netherlands
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Peace of mind. Less worries. Inspiration. Passion. More real life friends in London.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Script read by BN.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not writing a single thing all year after that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had an ear operation which resulted in weeks of dizzyness, not the highlight of the year. Minor skin operation.
And food poisoning. And apparantly I sat close to a person who got infected with tuberculose in the
plane to LA in September so I need to be checked for that next week.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
That might be my HP wireless printer/scanner. It is so convenient.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Apart from to paying my rent: Travelling. I intend to do the same in 2010.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Boat That Rocked. Glorious 39. Witnessing the film shoot of Statuesque. Statuesque as a film. I know, a pattern is emerging.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2009?
I’m all over it now – Jamie Cullum
Good Luck – Sondre Lerche
Both kept me going while frantically sending out job applications and ducking trying to not get hit by rejections.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Probably a tiny bit sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? I have no idea.
iii. richer or poorer? Same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing. And travelling.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. It’s a total waste of time and energy.
20. How will [did] you be spending [spend] Christmas and New Years Eve?
Home in the Netherlands with my mum – nice and quiet.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Wallander. And don’t let me choose between Krister and Ken.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a big word. But there are some people who have hugely disappointed me this year.
26. What was the best book you read?
I don’t think I have read that many books last year, as I can’t come up with a single title.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I am changing this to greatest musical event I attended – Snow Patrol in the Royal Albert Hall.
(And I didn’t even want to go as I had just lost my job then)
28. What did you want and got?
A kiss on the cheek from the man.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Last Chance Harvey. Closely followed by The Proposal.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had a great English cream tea with my mum in Maida Vale. 43.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
That’s a difficult one. I don’t think one thing could have changed that much. Well winning the lotto could perhaps, but that didn’t happen.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Converse Sneakers and Jeans. Here’s a scoop for you: it will be my fashion concept for 2010 too!
34. What kept you sane?
My mum. Friends. Cycling. Traveling. BN. Tea the milky way.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Doh! It starts with a B.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Everything will be alright. Believe it or not. I didn’t always believe it myself but in the end everything was alright.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I will have to think about that. In the mean while, here is one of the most beautiful songs I discovered in 2009: