Here's to the ones who dream Foolish, as they may seem Here's to the hearts that break Here's to the mess we make
You should see it because …
- Hey girl, Ryan Gosling is in it.
Not enough? OK – Ryan Gosling dancing? And singing. And playing the piano? I mean – come on! (It took Ryan Gosling 3 months to play the piano like this, as it is really him playing it in the movie).
- Oh and Emma Stone. She is fantastic and sings great too. And they have great chemistry together.
- Yes it is a musical. I don’t like musicals either. But there is less singing in it than you would expect. And the singing that is in it is so beautiful and touching that you forget you’re actually watching a musical.
- The colours used in this film are wonderful, it’s a visual feast for the eyes.
- Have a look at those (fairly long but wonderful) one take shots in this film. Some of them took 3 months(!) of rehearsing just to make sure get them right when the outdoor light of the sunset was perfect for the scene.
- The soundtrack is just perfect.
- Because they don’t make films like these anymore. (Well appararently they do, but you know what I mean)
- Like John Legend? He is in it!
- Because it takes you away from the messed up world we live in for 2 hours of so.
- And the story (set in modern times) make you think. Which for me is normally the most important thing about a film. (even though there are people who say I think too much …)
- And last but not least: for the sheer amount of courage it takes to make a movie like this in times when films only seem to care about which special powers the next superhero has.
Plot: “LA-LA Land” is a riveting and uncensored look at Hollywood. It is a story that reveals how friendships sustain us and keep us going. It is a tale that reflects our celebrity-obsessed culture. It is a revealing look at some people’s desire to be loved, adored, and adulated at any cost.