(Coffee on me for the person recognizing the title quote without googling!)
I am not exactly off in three weeks, I am off in 10 days! And I am not prepared at all yet, so I better start working on that.
I have stripped off quite some bits from the draft plan and have decided to leave the East coast for another time.
I did try to put Chicago in, but I had trouble finding a reasonable priced place to stay so I dropped it in the end. Next time, baby.
The final plan is simple:
- I fly from London to Los Angeles.
- I spent a couple of days in LA.
- I take the Amtrak Coast Starlight train to San Francisco. This takes 11 h 17 minutes and is supposed to be one of the most beautiful train rides in the US. (You can continue to Seattle if you stay on the train, but I get off in San Francisco).
- I stay in San Francisco for 6-7 days and fly back to London.
A couple of things I know I am going to do:
In San Francisco
- Rent a bike and bike the bridge.. It is not sure I will rent the bike there, am still investigating the possibilities, but am definitely going to bike the bridge.
- Take a ride on a San Francisco cable car
- Do a whale watch tour.
More ideas will popup I am sure, also for LA, but this is as far as I got.
I have to run now, I am off to a preview of Away We Go. (by Sam “American Beauty” Mendes).