Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good,
Thanks to everybody who has send me good vibes, because it worked !! I got offered a job today, and am I the most happy person in the Universe at the moment.
Some notes on the whole process:
– I have send an enormous amount of jobapplications and CV’s, and I have never heard anything back of about 90% of them.
– I think I have been to about 10 job interviews totally. The rejections were tough, but I kept my determination. Also tough was the fact that even agencies like Randstad or Adecco didn’t want me because I am not a secretary type. So I had to focus on an IT job.
– I used on of those “we’ll turn your CV in a UK targeted CV” services, because I thought that would help me. I got my UK version CV back from them after paying 20 Pound and they had turned it into the most boring CV I have ever seen. They had removed every personal piece of information from it, and it was now a CV like a million other CV’s. And so I decided not to use it. It has been a complete waste of money.
– In stead I used my original CV, stating my passion for film and theater, writing about my Bill Nighy interest and website, and my TV-2 website, and mentioning The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy as my favourite book. And I also added my favourite quotes to it (I’d rather be happy than right – Slartibartfast) and (To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself. – ~S?ren Kierkegaard)
Some companies I have talked to really appreciated that, and it also gave us something else to talk about than just pure work related stuff.
– As a lot of companies I have been to are internet/web development companies – so I quickly changed my “very nice clothes” for a more casual style. And here is the best thing : I got the job wearing my Love Actually t-shirt and a pair of sneakers. I love that, as that is exactly who I am. (It is a dark version of the Love Actually t-shirt, so it wasn’t that obvious to see, but it made me feel good to have it on – how crazy do you think I am now huh ?)
I am going to The Cafe now, to drink a cup of tea, and to see a movie. I am a little bit proud about the fact that I really made this step. I moved to London, found the most amazing place to life, and now I have found a job.
Without the stress of hunting for a job, I am now seriously going to enjoy London, as it is such a beautiful city to be in, and I feel so much at home already.
Sorry about the messy post, but I am still flying.
Love Actually on a t-shirt got me a job in London. I’m lovin’ it.