“The list is empty, we need to make plans, plans, plans. Now!”
“Wait, wait, wait” he said. “End 2006 first, in a decent way”.
“Pffff. Ok then.”
And I sat down and started thinking and now that I have written it all down – I can’t believe what an amazing year it has been.
My 2006 in 25 words
The Girl in the Cafe. Girl. Cafe. Bill. New York. London. Move. Postcards. Daniel. Film school. University. Screen writing. Davy. Love. Dreams. Plans. Realisations. Found.
(The Mayfly project)
My year by the first sentence from the first post of each month in 2006. (click on the month to read the related post).
- January New Things.
- February Packing boxes is not the hardest part of moving to another country.
- March And he said “Oh welcome back!”.
- April On a day like today, where spring has arrived in London, I don’t need anything else than my book, a sandwich from Marks & Spencer (still waiting for love flowering at the counter for people with under 5 items though), and a bench in a park to sit on.
- May Some things just intrigue me.
- June. Because Wembley associated with London (in my world that is), a one time only Dutch piece of text.
- July It was a beautiful and long parade, with thousands of people participating, from police officers to drag queens, from gay football clubs to gay volleyball clubs, and from marines to gay people from nearly every religion present in London.
- August. On a day where my head nearly explodes because so many things are flying around in it, I knew I wouldn’t be able to come up with something decent to write.
- September She : Lip piercing in the middle of her lip, and a tongue piercing.
- October The day started early, we wanted to catch the early sunlight on the first pictures.
- November OK: UK 1 – Denmark 1
- December When is a play good?
Musical highlights/discoveries (or what have I been playing excessively much)
- The Kooks – all their singles
- The Feeling – Sewn
- The Dallas Guild – Men in White Coats
- Infadels – Love Like Semtex
- Charlotte Church – Crazy Chick
- KT Tunstall – Suddenly I See
- Corinne Bailey Rae – Put Your Records On
- Billy Mack – Christmas is all around
- Casino Royale (most seen film in 2006 – yes I saw it again in New York)
- After the Wedding
- Snow Cake
- Kevin Spacey in A Moon For The Misbegotten, even though the play itself wasn’t Spicey enough, it was great to watch him
- Don Juan in Soho
- Love Song
- The Vertical Hour
- My name is Rachel Corrie
- Blue Man Group (a bit of an odd one in this list, but highly entertaining)
Bill’s films in 2006 (what a good year this was)
- Underworld Evolution
- Pirates of the Carribean : Dead Man’s chest
- Flushed Away
- Notes on a Scandal
- Gideon’s Daughter
- The Move from Denmark to London
- The Girl DVD is travelling the globe (14 countries and counting)
- The Girl postcards published in Denmark
- The Vertical Hour and everything related to it in New York
I wonder what will 2007 will bring.
“Yes. yes. yes.”
“Good. Now we can start making plans. Do you have a pen ready?”
“Good. First of all, I have this idea to ….”
And we talked and talked and made a list of things we are dreaming about doing in 2007. If they get realised or get more definite we’ll let you know.
(Oh and some of the New York pictures are dripping in to the Photoblog. More of them to come.)